Daymaker - a person who performs acts of kindness with the intention of making the world a better place.
~ David Wagner
, author of Life as a Daymaker; how to change the world by making someone's day ~

DayMaker - any thought, word, or deed that spreads happiness, compassion, or fruitful ideas.
~ Annis Cassells ~

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Advice from a Redwood


The words leapt out at me from the heading on a tall, thin plastic bookmark on the shelf at the Visitors’ Center at Prairie Creek State and National Redwood Park. We’d spent the day hiking amidst these natural monuments and decided to take one last look around the gift shop.
“Advice from a REDWOOD.” Hmmm, I thought, reading the rest of the text. This is an excellent message for daily life. So, I’m sharing it here with all of you.
Stand Tall and Proud
Sink Your Roots into the Earth
Be Content with Your Natural Beauty
Drink Plenty of Water
Enjoy the View!
      ~ Ilan Shamir ~
Most of The Redwood’s recommendations ring true for me. Others, I will work on incorporating. For example, I definitely need to drink more water. Which ones are already a part of your attitude and habits?
~ xoA ~

5 comments:

  1. What a great message. I think I could slow down and work on a few of those! It is a good thing to think about one's self in relationship to the message. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice from our ancient neighbors! I think I try to enjoy the view as much as I can, but probably need to work on the others a little more . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With temperatures still pushing 100 degrees in "The Bake," I have the consume plenty water thing covered. So with my last birthday pushing me into 70 yrs I'm working on Enjoy The View. xoJM1

    ReplyDelete
  4. A magnet on the fridge proclaims this message as I reach for my water. A Taurus, I have a habit of sinking roots into the earth, and over time I have learned to stand tall. I am making good progress on the contentment thing.

    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your comments and sharing. When I read the advice, I felt it had a lot of relevance for me. ~ xoA

    ReplyDelete